Wood End Park Academy Wellbeing Vision
At Wood End Park Academy, we value the emotional wellbeing of all members our school community: pupils, staff and our parents. We believe in creating a positive environment and culture at Wood End Park, which fosters a sense of openness and confidence when discussing wellbeing and mental health. We strive in enabling our pupils, staff and parents to recognise, nurture and promote positive wellbeing amongst themselves and others.
Aims of the Wellbeing Strategy
Wood End Park Academy is an inclusive setting where mental health and wellbeing is prompted and is at the forefront of the pastoral support we provide for our whole school community. We aim in achieving this by:
- Promoting positive mental health and emotional wellbeing by providing regular information and support.
- Creating a shared understanding of all aspects of mental health for both children and adults.
- Enabling those with mental health related issues to seek support and advice in a safe and confidential manner.
- Offer information and guidance to support pupils and staff to be mentally healthy.
- Creating a culture of adopt and maintain positive mental health and wellbeing in all aspects school life.
Please read our Wellbeing Strategy to find out more about our approach to Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing.
Mental Health and Wellbeing Strategy
Wood End Park Academy has been working towards achieving the Wellbeing award for the past two years. The whole school community has been involved in promoting and raising awareness of mental health and emotional wellbeing.
There are four key principles driving the ideas and recommendations behind the award:
Wood End Park was verified and awarded the Wellbeing award in July 2021. We continue our wellbeing work and welcome your support in this area.